Saturday, April 30, 2011

A FAMILY IN OUR COMMUNITY NEEDS OUR HELP!!

Good afternoon everyone,

We have a family from the Toledo Area that Mom was just diagnosed with colon cancer. She is a full-time nurse at UTMC and found out 3 weeks ago that she had colon cancer. She had surgery 1-1/2 weeks ago and is home now. She will start chemo in about 2 weeks (needs to heal from surgery more). The doctor said she is going to be off work for 8 weeks! In addition to the 2 weeks it has been already. The family has 2 kids, a junior and 5th grader at Toledo Christian Schools. The family could use help with groceries and toilettries, etc. They are losing more than half of their family’s income for at least 10 weeks! Not only the money will be tight but she will probably not be in any condition to run to the grocery store to buy groceries like normal...I want to utilize our love and passion for couponing and help them with groceries during this difficult time. I would love to see how God can bless this family using ordinary people like us. This is a time that WE all can step up to the challenge of donating 4 items and this is a very tangible opportunity. You will actually know the family that the food/products are going to. This is a time that we can be the TRUE HANDS AND FEET OF JESUS. Remember Matthew 25:40 – “The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

If interested, please reply to Holly Orman at sheiswaytoohappy@yahoo.com to get information on dropping off or delivering donations directly to the family. Please also keep this family in your prayers as they are going through a very dark time!! I am believing that the GREAT PHYSICIAN will heal her completely in the name of Jesus!! We can be that little flicker of light that they need right now. This is truly a wonderful time to plant this seed of HOPE in this family’s life. As I continue to say, we can change our communities one life at a time. We need to look for opportunities to share God’s love, His gifts, and His goodness with others. It doesn’t take much to make someone happy. They need all the happiness they can get and we have the POWER to give it to them in a very simple way. Please prayfully considering helping this family. Hebrews 3:13 “Encourage one another daily!” I am excited to see how God is going to use us to provide for this family. What a mighty God we serve!! Thanks for considering helping this family!!

GOD IS GOOD. . . ALL THE TIME!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Where do u go to get the coupons to be able to do these purchases

Joni said...

There are many coupon clipping sites. www.thecouponclippers.com is one of my favorites to get coupons.

Unknown said...

I went to thecouponclippers.com site and there is handling and administrative fees. I am unemployed due to being laid off over a year ago and cannot afford fees for coupons when I am trying to save as much money as possible

Unknown said...

I went to www.thecouponclippers.com site and there are handling and administrative fees. I am unemployed due to being laid off over a year ago and I need to save as much money as I can. Please let me know if there is anywhere else I can obtain these coupons.

Joni said...

All clipping services charge a handling fee. The only other suggestion I would have is to ask your neighbors for coupons they are not using! Hope that helps!!