Sunday, May 1, 2011

Up for the WEEKLY Challenge?

Good morning everyone!! Here is my challenge to all of you today. We now have 280 "LIKES" on our FB page "Saving and Sharing for Christ". I am asking EVERYONE that looks at this blog or is a LIKER on my FB page to please pick up 4 extra items this week to donate. If ALL 280 people did that, that would be 1120 items donated to a local food pantry or shelter. I have listed numerous FREE items already and I am sure the number will increase after going through some other ads, thus meaning it is not costing you any money, just your time to go shopping. Just think the difference we could make. We cannot do it alone, but WE ALL can do something "small" and the end result would be something 'HUGE"; what an impact we could have on our communities. Not only do I challenge you to do this, but I challenge you to get 5 of your friends to take on this challenge this week. If we all did that, that would be 1400 people taking the challenge and 7000 items being donated ~ see how it just keeps increasing by everyone doing something small. You could even challenge those 5 to challenge 5 and it would be never ending. THAT IS MY DREAM. This really is that simple and if we all JOINED TOGETHER amazing things could happen. . .this is truly being the hands and feet of Jesus and Jesus performed the miracle with 5 loaves and 2 fish and he can do the same with our coupons and Christ. Anyone up for the challenge?

Scripture tells us in Galatians 6:3 “If you think you are too important to help someone in need, you are only fooling yourself.”

LET'S CHANGE OUR COMMUNITIES TODAY. . . ONE LIFE AT A TIME!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am up for the challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Comment from Judy Mendez Cherry ~ "I have bought several bags of groceries and toiletry items for a local shelter. I delivered some of it to them on Tuesday and already have the van loaded with more items for them. I went shopping today and met a couple of sweet ladies at Kroger and we were able to exchange some coupons as well. It feels really good doing this!" Amen and Amen!!

Dani said...

Can do Ms. Joni! I've been donating to the Compassion pregnancy center I volunteer at here. ~Dani