Sunday, May 15, 2011

UP FOR THE WEEKLY CHALLENGE?

Here is my challenge for ALL of you this week!! My fervent prayer is that everyone will accept it. As of this morning we had 638 "LIKES" on our facebook page, but over 3500 people that have read and/or visited the blog this week. I am asking EVERYONE that takes the time to look at this blog or has “LIKED” us on FB to please take up this challenge seriously. This is such a tangible way of helping our communities and changing lives one at a time. All YOU NEED to do is pick up 4 extra items this week and donate to a local food pantry, a shelter, or a family that you know that is in need. None of us can help EVERYONE, but ALL OF US can help SOMEONE, and when we help them, WE SERVE JESUS!! If all 638 people on the FB page did that, that is 2552 items being donated that is over 400 more from last week. PRAISE GOD. I have listed several FREE items below, thus meaning it is NOT costing you any money, just your time to go shopping. Just think of the impact we can have. Now if you add all the people who have visited the blog to that number, total number of items being donated would be 16,552. We all have to join together and do something "small", our 4 items, and the end result is "HUGE". Again, make it one better than that and each of you challenge 5 of your friends to take the challenge on and now the donations increase to 82,760. God can take our donations, bless them, and use it to touch many!! God wants us to bring what we have to HIM.

PROVERBS 28:27 “ Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.” Let’s have eyes like JESUS this week and help our communities. Let’s reach out to others and be the difference they may be looking for this week.

James 2:14-17 “What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? What makes a gift great in God's service is not the magnitude of the gift, it is into WHOSE HANDS the gift is given. Let's give these gifts and trust God to multiply them and change our communities. . . one life at a time. It is that simple with coupons and Christ. I am so excited to see what God has planned this week for our communities. WE CAN ALL DO IT TOGETHER!! Anyone up for the challenge?

8 comments:

Marcia S. said...

Count me in!!!! We have a small food panty at my church. I try to bring in at least one bag of things every Sunday.... I don't have the funds to give large amounts in the offering plate but I know that The Lord is using my gifts to his glory. This week my goal is to bring in at least two bags! God bless you and thank you for all you do to help my family make it....

Joni said...

Just like I said above "What makes a gift great in God's service is not the magnitude of the gift, it is into WHOSE HANDS the gift is given." God can take what we give and multiply it, just like Jesus did with the 5 loaves and 2 fish and HE will use your gift to multipy and help others. Thank you for being obedient to the calling!!

mike said...

i would love to help someone but dont have alot of funds would like to know what is RR ans SS

Joni said...

RR = register rewards
SS = Smart Source

That is why I try to list the FREE items as it doesn't really cost you anything just your time of going to the store:) Hope that helps!!

CTallmage said...

Just collected 20 items of food and toiletries plus 2 boxes of clothes that I am sending, through my Church, to help a community n Louisiana effected by the tornadoes. Really makes me want to do stuff like this more often... it is not only rewarding for me but I know that someone, or a family, less fortunate will really appreciate these things.

Joni said...

I love it when you all share what you did. Not for glory, but so others can see our small acts of kindness add up and we can change our communities . . .one life at a time!!

Anonymous said...

i would like to help does walgreens still have these coupons?

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us know of all these savings