Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tips to organizing a binder - or at least how I organize mine, LOL:)


My binder is a caseit dual 500, which has two separate three-ring sections. One side is 3 inches and the other side is 2 inches. The larger section I keep all my food coupons and the coupon polices and on the smaller section I keep all my cleaning and hygienic product coupons.

This is my third binder and it is the Cadillac of all binders!! It is very high quality and costs $26.99 plus shipping from www.caseit.com or you can get it on AMAZON HERE for $25.99 with FREE shipping!! It is well worth the money. I went through 3 others binders before I found this one. Remember organization is key to cutting down on time!! My coupons are kept in baseball card holders. You can get them from Target, Wal-Mart, etc, or off e-bay or AMAZON HERE!! They cost $13.77 for 100! I now have higher quality insertable plastic dividers as all the others I have tried have ripped rather quickly. The ones I currently use are Avery Dennison Ave-11201 Avery Style Edge Clear Plastic Insertable Divider - 8 X Tab - 8.5 X 11 - 1 Set - Assorted Divider for $7.98!! You will need two of them!!

Below are the headings that work best for me. Of course, you can use whatever works best for you. I like this the best as I can use my binder at any store and know exactly which section my coupons are going to be in.

FREE
Produce
Condiments
Beverages
Snacks
Candy
Baking
Breakfast
Canned Goods
Packaged items
Meat
Frozen Foods
Paper Products
Cleaning Items
Medicine
Dairy
Store Coupons
Coupon Polices
Skin Care
Feminine Care
Oral Care
Hair Care
Pets
Cosmetics
Baby Products

I go through my coupons at the beginning of each month to take out my expired coupons. This also cuts down on time as I only do it once a month. Do not throw your expired coupons out. You can either check with your local Legion Hall to see if they ship them overseas to the military or you can send to this address:
• You can mail to: KCL Overseas Coupon Program c/o Cindy Carroll 215 Champion Hill Dr. Berryville, AR. 72616 or
• There are several other addresses. Just search for them at: http://www.grocerysavingtips.com/expiredgrocerycoupons.htm
This is a wonderful way to bless our military as they can use expired coupons for up to six months after the expiration date overseas.

I hope you all find this helpful!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Thanks for posting this. It will come in handy. I think I just need a bigger binder, keep running out of room. lol

Kari said...

This may seem silly, but how do you organize the coupons in the sleeves? Do you put them in alphabetical order or do you just put them anywhere in the sleeves? I am assuming you put coupons that are the same in the same little pocket. I just got my first binder today and am ready to get organized because the envelope method is driving me crazy! :-)

Kari said...

I just bought my first binder today! I am feeling very unorganized with the envelope method. I have a silly question! How do you organize your coupons in the plastic baseball card sleeves? Do you put them in alphabetical order or do you just put them in any way as long as they are under the right tab? I am also assuming you put similar or same coupons in the same little pocket.